Sunday, December 21, 2008

Is All This Texting Necessary?

Can someone please tell all these random companies to STOP TEXTING ME!! As annoying as it may sound, it is as equally annoying to receive the ring tone that I have just received a text message to my phone. It's a message from an unknown number. As a matter of fact it came from a company who wants to sell me prescription drugs. What's up with that? Or the one that sells stock to you for pennies on the dollar. Why oh why is this so unnerving? It all started on election day Nov. 4, 2008. I received my first text message at 5a.m. that morning, ordering me to get up so that I can beat the long lines at the polling centers. Now I live in a small town in the Midwest with a population of 11,000. I knew there would be no line. As a matter of fact when I arrived at the polling center (which was a fire house) there were only five people there and a little old lady with orthopedic shoes on helping me sign in. But that's not the kicker. Election night, I received random texts one after the other about how Obama won and how we needed to go out and celebrate. Most of these messages were forwarded messages that my friends received. I eventually had to turn my phone off after sending a random mass text message to all in my phone book.
Thanksgiving morning was when the next swarm of messages seemed to consume my morning. The first text came in about 9 a.m. as I watched the parade on television. "Happy Thanksgiving, eat a lot" etc., etc. It was fine when it was from a few friends and I was happy that I was receiving warm wishes. Then it started to get out of control when I started receiving unnecessary texts that had nothing to do with the price of tea in China. Then comes the derogatory text messages, that are explicit in nature. I don't want to have to open up messages containing foul language, pics of genitalia and comments that could have been saved with just a phone call. People if you have something to say, PICK UP THE PHONE! :D Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment