Monday, January 12, 2009

Why are people so out of control on the subway?


So like it was stated in some of the earlier posts, riding the NYC subway is a trial in itself. Then there are always stories about unruly passengers, sick passengers, dancers and the mirachi band that invades your immediate space by placing a cello in front of your face. This little boy got on the #3 train at Borough Hall in Brooklyn. He comes on the train stomping hard "Tell me why I can't have it", he yelled at his middle aged father. While dad was ignoring him as he clutched the hands of the little boy and his older sister, he looked around at the dissaproving stares. Again he exclaimed, "Tell me why I can't have it, and tell me now!" This little boy the proceeds to kick his father in the leg, punch him in the stomach and tries to swing on him, but dad quickly caught that upper cut. "You're outta control, stop it," he compromised. Then he hauls off and punches his older sister right in the head! "Are you ok honey?" She yelled back "no" daddy.I mean this kid was completely out of control, and all his father could say, was that he needed to calm down. I think everyone in the subway car wanted to take the kid home for a couple of hours and straighten him out.
As others were shaking their heads in disbelief I wondered to myself, why do I always have to see this type of foolishness on the subway? I always feel like if I board another subway car maybe I will be spared some kind of fuckery for the day. Whether it's morning or evening rush hour, it's guaranteed and almost inevitable that there will always be some kind of entertainment on the trains and buses. While most of the time I get a few good laughs out of all of it, there are times where I feel like I have to clutch my mace if I feel like my surroundings are being compromised. Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment