Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Flying has become so trivial!!!


So it's been a minute since my last post. I was away for about a week attending the CIAA tournament in Charlotte. I'm happy to say that my Alma mater won the tourney. Both the men's and women's basketball team slaughtered the competition and brought home the championship. The only problems I had was the traveling part. Why has flying become so trivial? I have been flying since I was a baby and I have witnessed how flying has gone from an ok experience to the worst I have seen in years. After 9/11, there have been so many changes in security measures. Take your shoes off, you can't bring liquids, put all your toiletries in a five ounce Ziploc bag. No lighters or matches are to be brought on board, $150 for the first checked bag (well not that much but it might as well be). No flying isn't a piece of cake any more. My inbound trip wasn't bad, it was the outbound trip. I had a connection in Washington, D.C. and can I say that I will never, ever fly with United Airlines. As a matter of fact I'm calling customer relations to see what can be done. First off the flight was delayed for two hours because of the following reasons: there was no flight crew, the flight hadn't returned on time from St. Louis and the lavatory wasn't working. Now when we finally board the plane in the frigid cold, the pilot tells us the bathroom is still not working and that we have to hold it for two hours!! Are you kidding me how fair is that? Not to mention that all you provide on the flight are drinks, you're going to tell the passengers to hold it? Then on top of that the plane had no heat! No heat for like the first hour into the flight! I was furious. It was so cold on that plane, the stewardess had on gloves!!

Now this was my first time flying on United and I usually don't like trying new airlines unless I have to. It was last minute and I got a good bargain online. Sometimes I think to myself "why me" it seems like delays always happens on the flights I wanna get on lol. The flight finally landed at 1 a.m. I was definitely tired and groggy and my feet were still cold from that cold ass flight. Why has flying become so complicated? It's irritating and annoying all in one breath. I think I'm gonna chill with flying for a while and just focus on other things. I travel so much as it is that I'm beginning to suffer from jet lag. Oh and one good word of advice: Don't ever, ever fly on standby or on a buddy pass unless you really, really have to. Flying on standby can have disastrous results! Over the past weekend due to the snow storm that blanketed the east coast, my friend nearly had a disaster flying on standby. Fortunately she flew out the next day with no problems. Thank God. On a lighter note, talking about going through airline security, please click on the link and watch this hilarious clip of Richard Simmons going through security at L.A.X. This really brightened up my day after dealing with the mess at Dulles Airport. Trust me when I say you will get a good laugh out of this.


http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=6eb26295-475a-4938-a94d-b81ebe5f9032 Sphere: Related Content

1 comment: